Digital transformation and technological innovation have created a parallel universe of security obligations and concerns about protecting proprietary information. Scali Rasmussen attorneys are trained and certified in the cutting-edge laws, both state and federal, governing businesses' obligations to consumers and regulators, and we have in depth experience protecting:
We also advise on the necessary tools and legal actions available to preserve your own critical business intelligence, intellectual property and unique practices and procedures, especially those that may be under threat should an employee depart for competitors.
Our regulatory counsel and compliance solutions recognize the complexity of the rules and the unique circumstances of each client. Our deep resources include an in-house Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) with extensive litigation and automotive experience.
We design and implement customized California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) compliance solutions for publicly held and national businesses, as well as regional and smaller family businesses that collect and store sensitive customer data
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) compliance
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) compliance
- Regulatory investigations and enforcement actions
- Privacy litigation
- Privacy notices, policies and internal governance
- Connected cars
- Vendor agreements and transactions, including data licenses and protection addenda
- Employee privacy
- Privacy and data protection assessments
- Rights of data subjects, including requests from individuals
- Direct marketing and communications (emails, texts, mobile calls and other channels)
- Data security, breach and incident response
California Consumer Privacy Act.
Several attorneys are managing the demands of the CCPA and its implications for all types of businesses. Our counsel includes developing CCPA Compliance Programs and guiding them on related CCPA measures. We continue to keep clients and the industry informed in the fast-moving area through educational webinars and articles on the topic.
Often, the most valuable assets a company has are their own product development, customer lists, release dates, expense structure, compensation structure, business plans and financial strategies.
We develop trade secret protection plans and counsel businesses on identifying, valuing and protecting their trade secrets. We are primed to move quickly — at the earliest suspicion of a threat to your valuable trade secrets — and have considerable experience with:
- Key employee onboardings and departures
- Trade secret misappropriation litigation
- Temporary restraining orders (TROs)and injunctions against former employees and new competitors